My Old Blog

Sunday, June 11, 2006

HIKING!!

I am so excited!! I have a new fitness goal. Tonight we were at some friends' house and this discussion of hiking came up. Now I have always liked hiking. When I was little, we would go camping and would ALWAYS have a few days of hiking up a mountain or 2. So when this topic came up, I was pretty interested. Then our friend says that every year and sometimes twice a year, he takes 2 or 3 people on this extreme hike at Big Bend. This hike is 32 miles. Yep, you read that right. 32 miles. It takes 14 HOURS solid hiking to finish. So I have made a plan to go in the fall. I know, I know. It sounds crazy. I am so excited though. I have already made the goal to run a half marathon within the year, so I am just going to add this to my list. What do ya'll think? How awesome does that sound????

7 Comments:

Blogger Kim's Life said...

I think that sounds like a fantastic idea. I would do it in a heart beat. It sounds so exciting. Look you only live life once. Enjoy it.:)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

It's great to have a plan and go hiking. Go for it Nicole - Go for it!

Great way to exercise, rejuvenate and be close to nature.

Heee..go for it! Have fun.

12:46 AM  
Blogger AbbieCRAZY said...

Kenny just reminded me that 14 hours is how long it takes us to get to Birmingham! That's a looong way.... You go, girl. I'm impressed w/anyone that can walk that far!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Nichole said...

hiya! I came here via http://workingmomofliam.blogspot.com/!!

Hiking 14 hours sounds fabulous! I, too, camped and hiked as a child, and was a major girl scout (I went all the way through from Brownie to Senior!!!)

However I don't know if I could do it now...with my post-baby weight. Hike a few for me!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Hats off to you!! It is also a great way to enjoy the outdoors -- never boring!!

2:41 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I think it sounds awesome that you are doing it & not me! haha
I give you props for going for it!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Rustino Scar said...

do it. hiking is so much fun, wish i had more time to do that. Crazy that you're going to run a half marathon. I'm planning on a running a few of those and then my marathon in October. I'm already signed up...we'll see if I make it or not!

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home