My Old Blog

Friday, July 07, 2006

New Name Announcement and Elementary Years

Well, after much thought and consideration, I have decided on.......................Drum Roll Please!..........................Sassafrass. And I might even use Stephanie's idea of A little bit sass, A little bit frass. Thanks to everyone that helped me on that one. Ya'll had such GREAT ideas. I knew I had some creative readers out there. AND it was fun right? Hopefully soon, I will have a new "look" to my blog too. It is in the works.

So, on to other things. I was tagged by
Lori over at Glass Half Full. Yes the absolute gorgeous Lori who comments on my posts. She tagged me to remember some things about my Elementary years. So before I begin, I will tag someone too. Oh who to tag? I tag Stephanie.

I really do have a bad memory, so bear with me. I do remember specific things and moments about my Elementary years though. So here goes:

I recall coming out of my first grade classroom crying to my mom holding the first B I ever got on a paper. She of course loved on me and told me it was OK. Sadly that was the first of MANY B's in school. But I DO remember that 1st one. :)

I remember in second grade we learned how to add and subtract. And that there was this girl in my class that did not behave, named April and she had to sit behind a partition. I liked April and always felt sorry gor her.

In third grade, everyone started liking boys. There was a boy that I thought was cute, named Kurt. We were friends, but he was "going out" with my best friend Paige. She always got the cute boys! Third grade people!! I've already told my girls that they can't have a boyfriend till they are 16. To which Parker (5) says, " I ALREADY have a boyfriend!" Uggh!

In fourth grade, the girly rivalry thing really came into play. Me, Paige and a girl named Kim ALWAYS were fighting with each other. You know the 2 against 1 thing. Not so fun. But Ha! Ha! who is still friends? Me and Paige! Where is Kim now? (That sounds tacky doesn't it?) Hey the truth is the truth people!!

In fifth grade, Kurt (Yes the cute one) and I got a spanking from the principal for arguing about the food in the lunchroom. Not what you think. Probably worse than you think. He told me that he would give me his pudding if I would give him MY roll. Well he ate the pudding AND the roll. I wasn't happy about it, so I guess I through a wall eyed fit. So we got caught fighting about it and went to the principal's office and got swats with the board! Thanks Kurt!

In the summer after my fifth grade year. we moved from a small Poe Dunk town, to a bigger town. That was the summer I went to MY first church camp and met miss Cherise. I loved her from the minute I met her! What a sweetheart! Also, that year in school I tried to change my laugh (I laughed really loud) and wanted to become a different person. Didn't work out so well. To this day I laugh loud. And I remember that year putting a whoopi cushion under the boy sitting in front of me in class. I wouldn' t really call me the class clown even though it does sound like it huh? I just liked to make people laugh. I'm not helping my case here am I? OK.

Well, those are moments from my Elementary Years. I hope this doesn't make me sound like a weird little girl. Cause I really wasn't. These are just memories that popped up in my head. My teachers always like me, I always got good grades. The only thing was I liked to talk.....ALOT! and laugh......ALOT! That is just who I was and pretty much.

OK
Stephanie, Go for it!!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved your elmentary review. I posted a similar theme in asking people what they remember about field days. This spilled over into what else do you remember about elementary.
Well, I laughed at the phrase "wall eyed fit" I have never heard that before. Any idea what it means or where it comes from? I also liked "Poe dunk" I immediately thought of the macab master of literature, but I'm sure it has different origins.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

good pick on the new name!!!

Love your elementary memories... makes me remember so much stuff from when I lived in AR and went to school... with all my Hick-a-billy relatives!!!

Cant wait to see how your blog extreme make over goes!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

I had to laugh at being spanked!! We had a couple kids that got spanked -- golly, you wouldn't hear of that again!!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Disclaimer- There were only about 75 people in the race so I wasn't competing against a big pool. My time was 20:53 which means I averaged just under 7"per mile. gtgn catch you up more later.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

gosh, I never went to the principal's office or got a "swat" - that would have been scary!

Love the new name! Ok if I link you??

Oh, and still laughing at "wall eyed fit!"

11:53 AM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

PS What's this with the "gorgeous" compliment?? HA - I'll take it!!! :)

12:48 PM  
Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

I love reading about your experiences. I remember a mentally retarded girl getting spanked because she would never come in from recess. It was scary. I am glad they don't do that anymore.

Love the new name!

My post is up! Come over and check it out.

2:20 PM  
Blogger fatwonkkid said...

i don 't recall publicly liking girls in third grade. i remember having crushes, but it was uncool to like girls since they had cooties.

I think girls got cured of the cootie infection in 7th grade

9:11 PM  
Blogger Procters in MOJO land said...

Hey Nicole,
No, I do not have a blog...yet. I never thought that I would have much interesting to say but lately I have thought of some things. For now, I just read to keep up with those I know and comment. I love your stories and I have ALWAYS loved your laugh.
Love, Reese

10:39 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Like the name Nicole...I clicked over twice today just to see what you decided on! Sounds great :)

Loved reading your elementary memories too. I'm not sure I could remember a whole lot. But gettin' swats I think I would remember! Ouch!

I can't believe Lori said "golly". I say that all the time!! My daughter started saying it too and I said where did you hear that and she said you! Oops, that's when I realized I said it too much. Kids!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

I am so glad that they don't spank anymore, that would break my tender-hearted baby's heart...mine too!

I think a loud laugh is the best. People know you are happy! Don't change it!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Cute new name! I like this post too, it's cute to see what others did in elementary school. And oh my gosh, totally reminds me of MY elementary experiences!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home