My Old Blog

Friday, June 30, 2006

Trouble since Avery's been home

So Avery has been home for a whole 4 hours and we have already had drama. My kids usually get along pretty well, but Avery has been gone for 5 days and let's just say that it is going to take some adjusting to remember how things work around here.

About thirty minutes ago we were standing in a jewelry store and Parker and Avery start having a physical altercation right there in the store. I was MORTIFIED! It was one of those moments that I wanted to act like I had everything under control, but I really didn't. I had to interrupt the lady talking to me and SEPARATE them. After we left I barely could talk because I was so upset with their behavior (how quickly they forget what they learn at church camp - you know the one they left 4 HOURS AGO!!!!). So when I got in the car I called my mom and she talked to them on the phone. (I think that she could hear the frustration in my voice) They both got off of the phone crying, so I think that they got the message. Ha!

We'll see how it goes after their mandatory nap that they are taking at the moment. Wish me luck!

7 Comments:

Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

I think they are born with some sixth sense on how to push our buttons! Stinkers! You go girl! Way to make Grandma stick it to them!

I hope your day gets better. Go find some chocolate!

12:01 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I'm sure Avery being 9, LOVED that mandatory nap!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Katherine@Raising Five said...

Boy, have I been there. You just pray the salespeople can't see the smoke coming out of your ears!

Sounds like you handled it well. We call that "re-entry syndrome" - that happens here whenever someone goes (say, out of the room, even!) and comes back in with no concept of what's been going on in his/her absence. ARGHH!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

I remember needing an attitude adjustment when I was young after a getaway. Things will even out soon enough!!! :)

7:59 AM  
Blogger Nettie said...

You gotta love Grammy back up! Hope the rest of the day is more pleasant!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh gosh, hopefully after their naps things will be back to normal.

I know just how it is to "want" to have everything under control, especially in front of other people! But, you know, if anyone else is a parent there, they know exactly what you're going through! I often have to separate myself from the kids when upset so I don't say something I'll regret later! Oh the things we constantly learn as parents!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

good luck, mama! I am glad your mom could help disolve the situation... I will remember that tactic for later.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home