My Old Blog

Friday, June 16, 2006

Jude turns 2 AND Jude's first haircut


Well, My baby turned two today. The past two years have FLOWN by. It makes me so sad, but Glen keeps reminding me that it is better than the alternative. That's his way of saying just enjoy him while he's here. And I am. He is such an AWESOME little boy. I remember when he was born and I CRIED and CRIED!! I just felt SO blessed to FINALLY get my boy. I had dreamt of that day since I was a little girl and it finally arrived 2 years ago today. Happy 2nd Birthday my baby Jude!!!

AND guess who finally got a haircut. My dad, Glen, Anna, and a FEW other friends have been BUGGING me to cut Jude's hair for MONTHS!!! While others, me included did NOT want to. I guess everyone can tell who won out this time. So last night, we sat him in Glen's lap while my mom held his hands and my daddy videoed me cutting (I told you I would NEVER pay for any of my kids hair to be cut!!) my sweet baby's hair, curls and all. Yes, it was the most horrific 30 minutes ever. He screamed and kicked and sweated the ENTIRE time. Half way through I reminded all of them that we are NOW going to have to do this every few weeks to keep up the do. But I think that he will do better next time, now that he knows that we are NOT killing him. I sure hope so. It was not the most fun I've had!! So here is a picture of my 2 year old spiky hair little boy. Isn't he PRECIOUS????

12 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

Hey Nicole, so so so so cute....I'll would love to 'borrow' him heee.....love and hugs to him.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Love it!!! When Carter first had his hair cut, at the first snip he cried "OW!" like it HURT. It did get easier every time afterward, tho!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Nicole... he is so adorable.. I just want to squeeze him! lol and I must say the hair cut is so cute ..can you post a curly hair before pic of him so we can see what you cut off? HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDE!! Hope he had a Great Birthday! He sure has a terrific Mom.... What did you guys do to celebrate?
I have a cousin that cryed till he was about 7 every time his hair got cut .... they had to start cutting it in his sleep cause he swore it hurt him and the way he cried you really thought it did! lol

9:17 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

He IS precious!!!! Now I have GOT to see a before picture with the curls.

Love that mug! What a handsome little man!

9:31 PM  
Blogger MarylandMommy said...

He is a doll! He looks so much like my brother did when he was younger! He had gorgeous curls (& still does) but keeps his hair really short now that he is an adult. He says he hated that my mom left it long in a lot of his childhood pictures. He also hated the fact that everyone always wanted to touch it & run their fingers through it. I was so jealous because mine is about as straight as it gets! Ha!

As for my little Asian boy.....I have been cutting his hair extremely short since he was about 1 because his hair is *so* out of control if I don't. He was not too fond of haircuts in the beginning but he knows it comes about every 3 weeks now! Good thing I went to cosmetology school! Ha!

By the way, I love the name Jude!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Love the photo and the cut!! I started taking Matt around two and now he asks ME to wait outside.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDE!! :)

7:33 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Love his new do & he looks just like you!

12:50 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

He has been so proud of his ne haircut. Pointing to his head everytime someone comes up. It is funny. I think that he knows we think he is cute! Hmmmm... I wonder why? Ha!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

He's adorable! Love the haircut. I just gave my son a haircut a few weeks ago, I usually take him somewhere. Anyhow, it was an experience, that my Mom, also, caught on videotape. LOL!

5:43 AM  
Blogger stephc said...

Such a big boy and Oh so cute. I have missed that sweet smile this summer! Jaxton just got his first haircut too! It was sad for me, but I just wanted to be able to see his eyes again!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Awww happy birthday to him! :)

BTW...I have a blogger blog but I use the http://jessicaslilcorner.tz4.com and keep it updated regularly...stop by and say hello sometime! :)

8:26 AM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Jude is ADORABLE!!! You have a beautiful family. And you look wonderful...4 kids--WOW! :)

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home